Pages

Tuesday, November 28

.a collage of sentences.

It is 8:38 and the sky is still a cloudy unearthly lilac color, showing signs of creeping dawn--perhaps the morning is as tired as I was when I rolled out of bed.
I fell asleep to Egyptian Arabic music last night, and it just made me feel comfortable and homesick at the same time.
Every morning as I wait for the metro, a young boy with round rosy cheeks trudges by me, a gray stuffed animal reflector hanging on the zipper of his green backpack, and a cell phone in his mittened hand; I think he reports to his mum that he is at the station.
I may get to see my cousin today.
I'm having a second breakfast of Venezuelan chocolate cookies and coffee before I head to class today.
The word for this dark and sunless time of year here in Finland is kaamos, and I wonder if it comes from the word kaamea, which means dreadful or ghastly.
The Christmas lights are now lit downtown, and it is beautiful to see countless little bulbs shining in the darkness like merry hellos to greet you as you pass beneath them.
My current soundtrack is Juanes, and there is just something lighthearted and familiar about that too because it brings back memories of Toni and and makes me want to dance.
I wish I could time travel, or tesser (like in A Wrinkle in Time, a great book if you've never read it).
I have more questions than answers.
I could use a hug or a hand to hold today.
Turkey's EU membership talks are on hold now due to the problems with Cyprus and the inability to resolve them in due time.
It appears that Ecuadoreans are ripe for reform, because with 2/3 of the votes counted, the leftist Correa is leading the Presidential election results.
I wonder sadly how many died in Iraq yesterday.
It is another day of life on this planet...me in my sphere, you in yours, they in theirs, yet inextricably linked and affected by each other's lives whether we like it or not. And I like it, a lot.

4 comments:

mreddie said...

I do like the post. My thoughts (and sometimes my blog) seem come in disjointed segments and just bump around in the brain for a while. Isn't that the way life is anyway? Sometimes so clear and sometimes like this. ec

Yours Truly said...

Yep. Bumped around segments of thoughts, feelings, events that compose this current life of mine. Life is comprised of the little moments for sure, and while they are disjointed, the picture they create in the end is colorful and fascinating.

missmcknight said...

Laura, really enjoyed this post. I too have such jumbled thoughts and find myself torn between the thoughts that pertain to immediate events in my life and those that deal with the world at large. I am bothered by how we forget the things that are happening in our world because we are so focused on our own lives. Thanks for the honest post.

Yours Truly said...

Hi! Great to hear from you!!! Yeah, in spite of the jumble, it all comprises a part of life's intersections on various levels.