My recommendation for a movie about life and love and history and nature--Legends of the Fall. This 1994 movie is not even particularly happy, but it's still amazing! The Montana mountains and scenery offer an exquisite setting for the story of a father and his three sons. The soundtrack, cinematography, and narrator are perfectly coordinated and, what's the word I'm looking for...raw, real, captivating? If you see the movie for the first time, you will not be able to completely predict what happens, and I like that.Along the way, you will see: war, death, rage, the effects of plaguing guilt, loneliness, bitterness, age, love, family ties and their strength, travel, Native American traditions, loyalty, humor, the impact of history and government, justice, suicide, acceptance, adventure. It's everything a movie should be, and everything life contains! My rating: Highly Recommended
2 comments:
Beautiful, touching, captivating... I cry each time I watch it, and I've seen it way too many times already. Astounding performance of all the actors, I should add.
We should watch the same movies some time and then exchange our thoughts afterwards. :)
I cry too!! And the actors, very well picked. Anthony Hopkins was superb! We definitely should watch the same movie, and write about it! Hmm, which one? Something good!!! Miss you!!
Post a Comment