A Tuesday looms in front of me, kind of like a long hallway that you walk through, just because you have to in order to get to where you're going. This view actually makes me feel a bit tired, and a bit sad as I look at the beige walls and flourescent lighting that remind me of a hospital in Ecuador. The optimist in me keeps hoping though, that there will at least be some amazing pictures hung on the walls of this Tuesday walkway.
Oh wait, I just passed one! I almost missed it! Yes it's a small, blue-shaded picture, a little misty, and reveals my upturned face welcoming the morning sprinkle on my eyelids and hair as I walk by the blackened silhouettes of leafless trees of the central park. The sidewalk glistens with shallow puddles and people in dark coats scuttle past with their black umbrellas. As one lady passes, earphones tucked under her scarf and hat, she smiles to herself, and I wonder what songs her morning soundtrack includes. This misty blue picture is delightfully accented by yellow dots from the bright lights festooning a section of the park trees, merry like circus lights creating a welcoming ambience for the gathered audience.
Hmm, I smile as I turn from the picture and continue down the beige Tuesday, I think I see another picture coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment