Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
Thursday, October 13
Yesterday Afternoon
...I have found it! I have discovered the reason thousands of Finns will break their reserved exterior and introvertedness long enough to mingle and mesh with the personal spaces of multitudes of other Finns: a good sale! The "Crazy Days" of Stockmann (huge department store) began yesterday, and the whole place was packed with bargain hunters bumping into each other, diligent seekers digging through piles of clothing in search of the right sizes, and long lines at the busy cash registers. Why did I brave such a commotion? I was in search of some striped stockings and long underwear on sale (as I had realized a few mornings ago that by the time I have biked to the train station in the cold and foggy mornings, I have left my frozen thighs somewhere along the way, and really, this can continue no longer!). Stockmann, for the next few days, is prime grounds for my favorite hobby: people watching!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I could have been there with you! Though I certainly am in no need of long underwear!! People watching... it is the best hobby!
Post a Comment