I find myself usually posting in a very relaxed manner on my live journal, and somehow feel that this site is a bit more formal, but it's not meant to be that way. Perhaps it's easier to talk about surface things (like magical frost on the ground as dawn approaches on a winter morning) than deeper things that require observation of the interior instead of the exterior world.
Aaah, but to share with you the exterior world I see, is to share with you what ignites smiles and winding successions of thoughts in my head. A taste of this morning's trajectory: I consider the fact that others around the globe experience the same sunlight that I do, but more directly, in different latitudes, and with more warmth...so why do Finns stay in this dark place?!....there's something in humans that just keeps on going even in the darkest times and places, determination, will to live...well, the landscape is melancholy, beautiful in the way that it speaks to some deeper strain of aesthetic consciousness and awe of God himself...nature, yes, that's where my soul wants to explode in worship of God, but in silence, because I haven't found words adequate enough for the wonder I feel and the reverence I have for the Creator....
(skip to meandering stroll through Helsinki streets after train ride)...I wonder who walked here 100 years ago, a girl my age maybe? Hope she wasn't wearing high heels on these cobblestones, that would just be ridiculous!...hmmm, this is a street museum made to replicate the city streets of the 1800's, fascinating...gutters, water pumps for those who didn't have it piped into their house yet...hmm, Finnish streetnames weren't given until the 1860s, interesting...I always forget that there are significant periods that Finland lived under other rulers: Russia and Sweden...we're a pretty young country...hmmm, the harbour looks nice in the morning...
(I head for the office and see my reflection in a store window, and some men in suits walk by)..heh, well, no one passing by me on the street would ever think by looking at me that I'm headed to work in an embassy!!!...I'm just not the suit kind of girl...(arrive at office and talk to the cook of the ambassador's residency and the office cleaner, both from the Philippines) fascinating people, you would never know that she spent six years in Kuwait...so how did they end up in the Philippines afterwards, and so her mother was Kuwaiti...hmmm...(and the work day begins as I turn on my computer).
No comments:
Post a Comment