Pages

Friday, November 25

Grateful

I love Thanksgiving!  I have been telling my students about it all week and asking them what they are thankful for.

I have a myriad of things that I am grateful for, but here are a few:
-work that challenges me
-family, my own and the many "adopted" ones
-my visit to Ecuador in August
-having a car
-surprises
-that people i love are only a phone call away
-sometimes they're even closer
-God's timing
-God's unconditional loving-kindness
-Skype
-the hope of change
-that i got to see my sis so much this last year!
-hugs

I could unpack all of those even more.  But I would like to make a reference to 1 Thess 5:18, as a reminder that being thankful isn't only for one day of the year: "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Adele said...

Laura,
I can give a wholehearted "Amen!" to all your entries--except I didn't go to Ecauador. ;)

I am also thankful that the finish line is in sight insofar as graduation goes, especially since we just found out that my university is closing due to finances!

Plus I'm infinitely thankful for good health and the ability to take a year off to complete my studies. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store after that!!

Yours Truly said...

How exciting, Adele!!! Thanks so much for sharing about what's going on. What perfect timing in your studies. Health is also not to be undervalued! And the adventure around the corner--the Word says He withholds no good thing from those who walk uprightly before Him. Whatever comes, it will be according his loving-kindness!
Big Hug!