Pages

Tuesday, January 25

like beads on a necklace

Timing is everything.  It strings the events of our lives so that we can see a pattern, or make some kind of sense of them next to each other.  Otherwise, I'm sure we could get a jumbled mess of events that we hold in our palms like a mass of marbles, not knowing which relates to the other or how. 

Such are my thoughts this day, as I contemplate how happy I am that my sister is here right now.  Not later, or earlier, but just now.  I'm sure she thinks the same way, perhaps she would not have held out for another week of studies and exams.  Now is a good time. She went skiing this morning and returned as red as a berry and just as jolly.

The present is also where/when God is with us.  He will be with us in the future, and he certainly walked with us in the past, but we live in the present.  He is always present, as he is not limited by time, so I think speaking of the future or eons past is a moot point in his scope of being.  But for us finite ones who are learning to live fully in the present moment, it is a comfort that the One in whom we trust knows the pattern he is creating with our lives.