It tends to reoccur, that when my internal world is full, my blog is empty. But then when I am extremely busy, I make time to blog. I am currently, at this very moment in time, with a foot in both of those doorways: my head is full, and it is a teaching day. It is lunch break right now though, and I want to have some sort of update on this forum.
I am teaching English, as I mentioned. I have to find ways to motivate my students, especially since there have been quite a few who have skirted the last assignment I gave them: persuasive speeches. They are not off the hook, no sir! Their speeches have been postponed until after the ski holiday. I have enjoyed teaching so far, and have taken on the challenge of feeding new information and concepts, tongue rolls and word pictures into my students' minds. How long they stick in there though, is another matter.
This teaching job has thus far not been as full-time as I had expected. This may change next week, but in the meantime, I am concocting other projects to occupy my time. I also spent some time last week forming a list of goals for this year. If I am going to accomplish even half the things on it, I will have to be diligent with my time. But of course, there is plenty of room and plenty of hope for the unexpected events that comprise so much of life! That's the way I like it!
I am teaching English, as I mentioned. I have to find ways to motivate my students, especially since there have been quite a few who have skirted the last assignment I gave them: persuasive speeches. They are not off the hook, no sir! Their speeches have been postponed until after the ski holiday. I have enjoyed teaching so far, and have taken on the challenge of feeding new information and concepts, tongue rolls and word pictures into my students' minds. How long they stick in there though, is another matter.
This teaching job has thus far not been as full-time as I had expected. This may change next week, but in the meantime, I am concocting other projects to occupy my time. I also spent some time last week forming a list of goals for this year. If I am going to accomplish even half the things on it, I will have to be diligent with my time. But of course, there is plenty of room and plenty of hope for the unexpected events that comprise so much of life! That's the way I like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment