Pages

Sunday, January 2

2011


Dear New Year,

You came so quickly I hardly had time to prepare for your coming.  But I guess that’s all right, I know you don’t mind.  Your arrival probably got more fanfare elsewhere than it did among us in Jerusalem this year, but I just wanted to say welcome.  Welcome, with all your surprises, challenges, vistas, growth, and travels.  I forgot to ask you to do away with the Finnish snow, but I figured it’s fine as long as somewhere up your sleeve you have a beautiful summer.  I will appreciate your wintery shawl as well as your summer sundress, your spring raincoat, and your autumnal partying.  I am happy you have come, and I leave our acquaintance and short 365.25-day journey together in the hands of the Creator who has allowed me to live long enough to meet you. 

Your friend,
Laila

2 comments:

connie mcguire said...

You are beatiful. I cried when I read this because I have rarely read something so fresh and so...you. I love you.

Yours Truly said...

Thank you, Connie! I miss you! I hope this spring season finds you well and full of hope!