Breakfast certainly is my favorite meal of the day. Hereabouts it means we gather around around a low metal table, perhaps a meter in diameter. We sit around it as a family and eat from bowls of beans with tomatoes, honey, halawa, eggs and falafels. We eat all this using bread instead of spoons or forks, and afterwards we drink tea. This morning I came downstairs from my room to find a different sight. Iman was making rice pudding! I do like breakfast, no matter what country I am in. :)
Now I am waiting to go to the dentist. I went a few nights ago to check out some tooth pain, and what I thought was a cavity turned out to require a root canal. I abhor going to the dentist, but it would probably be better to go on a yearly basis in the long run, eh? Instead of waiting over five years. Tonight is my third appointment, and it should be the last. My dentists are identical twins, and the one named Nancy has been the one working on me.
I'm headed back to Helsinki the day after tomorrow, entirely content for the trip I have had. The tour was interesting and full of unique people, and the days since the tour have provided ample time to just hang around with the family. I love getting to be part of everyday life around here. Yesterday someone brought two geese to the house, which were promptly purchased and then killed for our delicious supper tonight! Not your average super market.
I'm looking forward to going home, so hope to see some of you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment