Greetings from the land of heat and sunshine! Yes, I suppose it is an abrupt change to tell you that I am suddenly in Egypt, especially since I have been slack about telling you all what's up. My internship finished last week, and I am now in the land of pyramids for three weeks or so.
I arrived without incident, but our tour members who were supposed to be arriving from the US got stuck in New York. I have used the free day to lounge at the pool with Ron and Paula, and am now headed to Mohammed's house for lunch. This such a familiar place, yet different at the same time. I haven't been here in three years, and am still figuring out all that has changed. It's just as hot, dusty and crowded.
The kids of the family I lived with back in 2004 have grown so much. Six, 9.5, seventeen and 20 are their ages now. It was important to Tita to tell me he was not just nine, but nine and a half!
If all goes well, our tour members will be getting here tonight, then the busyness will begin. A sunset camel ride to the pyramids is in store. A slew of other activities to highlight the culture, history and life of Egypt will fill our days.
As I have a chance to update, I will. Just wanted to say I made it, and that I am living the dream I mentioned a few posts back at the end of winter. Wind in palm trees. Beautiful flowers. Heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment