Pages

Friday, June 4

Rastila Chapter

I've been home for a week now.  I returned to an emerald city that is a stark contrast to the desert sands of Egypt.  It's also thirty degrees colder, and I am still getting over a cough-cold-sore throat. 

I have enjoyed mökki moments, friends' smiles, ultimate frisbee, biking and late nights.  The next two and a half weeks will be full of whatever Sister wants to do, as she is leaving for Israel after that in pursuit of a Master's degree.  We will try to cram in as many meaningful moments and deep living as we can, interspersed with packing of course.

What a superb gift the last two years have been; our dream of being roommates came true.  We have lived in an adorable flat and been surrounded with amazing friends.  We have wondered at Finland's seasons and customs, analyzed our life experiences, gotten to know relatives and overall just enjoyed life together.

But now new doors are opening to herald the beginning of the next chapter.  All that it contains remains to be written as we live it.  Sonja's plans are quite fixed.  Mine are still very open.  I am looking for work and my place in the world.  I will keep you updated about what happens.  In the meantime, it is marvelous to be alive!  I leave you with a song:

3 comments:

In awe of You said...

hahhaha funny you put this song on here...I recently fell in love with this band this weekend at the Sasquatch festival and its all i've been listening to for the last week!!!!

Yours Truly said...

LOVE MUmford and Sons! Great sound and lyrics. Were they wonderful LIVE?

In awe of You said...

Well that's what sold me on them! The lead singer plays not only a guitar and sings but plays a bass drum with his foot! And the studio recordings don't do their live performance justice! I may just have to send you a sampling of the live recording we did:)