Pages

Saturday, August 1

the red dot

It felt like a news flash directed at me. I sat there, waiting for the bright orange metro to transport me home after a day of work, like I have done countless times before. I stared at the metro map on the wall on the other side of the tracks, listening to music and almost by habit reading the very bottom line of text that follows a large red dot.

Olet tässä. Du är här. You are here.

Somehow, the fact stated by this line of information penetrated my brain on a different wavelength than usual yesterday. I think I was faced with both the limits and the possibilities of my existence. It is the limit of human existence that you cannot physically be in two places at once. And here can be so temporal, but where ever it is, I am limited to it. But being here opens possibilities that pertain to this setting and only this one. Unique. Important. I exist here, not only with context and people, but in myself with processes, dreams, thoughts and the essence of being. Regardless of where I want to be, and where I have been, I am now here. Hah, a red dot revelation. And you know...here is a good place.

2 comments:

Karoliina said...

Wow. Tama on niin hyvin ajateltu. Kiitos puhelusta! Se piristi mun paivaani ja oli tosi kiva kuulla susta muutenkin.

Yours Truly said...

Kiitos! Oli todella mukavaa jutella tänään! Take much care ja pärjäile nämä tulevat viikot!!! :)