Pages

Wednesday, April 15

introduction


Meet Louis le Peugeot (pronounced pöshö), our newest friend. We enjoy his company and especially the fact that his schedule is very flexible to accommodate our logistical needs. He's quite vain, which is why we had to switch out his winter tires for summer ones this week. There's a redhead two lots down that he's been trying to impress, and he wanted to be fitted with this season's attire.
So my sister and I went to the best mechanic we know, Dad, for a lesson in changing tires. We do not want to be the damsels in distress, stranded by the roadside waving down passing cars to help us with a flat. While it was my turn to change the tire, my parents' friends came by. The lady marveled that we should want to go to the trouble when it is simpler to call for help or stop someone.
"Yes, but what if you're in Lapland with a flat tire? There's no guarantee someone will drive by for a long time," I pointed out.
"Then you just open a bottle of perfume," her husband said, "Those northern men will smell it and know there's a woman in need of help." Hmmm, perhaps I haven't fully appreciated the power of scent. :)
However, I'm happy to know that I can change a tire should Louis get himself into a fix!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Jokaisen naisen täytyy osata vaihtaa renkaat =)Vihdoinkin muistin mun salasanan tänne google-juttuun ja nyt voi sitten kommentoida kaikenlaista =)

Tsemppiä kirjoittamiseen! Sä pystyt siihen!

Lorrie said...

I can just envision you and Sonja bombing about Lapland in Louis le Peugeot...quelle voiture charmante!

Lorrie

greetings to your parents

Yours Truly said...

Annika--kiitos! Kiva, kun voit nyt komentoida! Hitaasti kirjoitus menee. Nyt on tauon paikka, tai päivä!

Lorrie--oui, tres charmante! :) We do hope to go bomb about Lapland this summer. I will pass on the greetings! Same to your family, and much joy for this season!