"I saw the sun! It was beautiful!" the text message read this morning.
Spurred by such wonderful news, I finished off my morning coffee, piled on some clothes, and went outside to see for myself! It was gorgeous. It was shy at first, only lighting one side of the bay with morning light. Slowly, it gained confidence and painted the browns, grays and blues of the world with dabs of fiery orange and molten gold. The ice on the sea cracked and the crows perched in the topmost bare twigs of the birches, their underbellies tinged with light.
Now the clear blue sky of the day is waning into a dusky hue, and the sun's final yawn is painted in dim yellow behind the trees.
Tomorrow brings another day and another year. I hope it brings the sun as well!
2 comments:
Feliz año Nuevo, L.
Always a pleasure to read your blog, and thirty is a good number ;)
Hahahah! Thirty is a good number. Four years away! Happy new year to you too. May it bring surprises and blessings!
Post a Comment