a person or sight of unusual beauty
be thou my vision, o Lord of my heart
naught be all else to me, save that thou art.
thou my best thought, by day or by night,
waking or sleeping, thy presence my light.
a mental image of what the future will or could be like
be thou my wisdom, and thou my true word;
I ever with thee and thou with me, Lord;
thou my great Father, I thy true son;
thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.
a vivid mental image
be thou my battle shield, sword for the fight;
be thou my dignity, thou my delight;
thou my soul’s shelter, thou my high tower:
raise thou me heavenward, o Power of my power.
the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom
riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
thou mine inheritance, now and always:
thou and thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my treasure thou art.
experience of seeing someone or something in a dream
High King of heaven, my victory won,
may I reach heaven’s joys, o bright heaven’s sun!
heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
still be my vision, o Ruler of all.
as per hymn and dictionary
6 comments:
I enjoyed how you put that together. I don't believe I've ever heard that hymn sung before. I do also enjoy wandering through the dictionary to discover the many meanings of words. ec
Amen Sista...
That is one of my favorite hymns! It makes me think of what is really important...
Thank you, it was a timely reminder!
Love you!
thank you!!!
ec, do listen to this hymn if you get the chance! it is so beautiful! fernando ortega has it in one of his collections, called Hymns of Worship.
sis, it's my favorite too! I just love the words! when I hear them, it makes a chord vibrate somewhere inside.
gem, you're so very welcome! can't wait to see you!
Oh! I love how you did that! You are so very clever and insightful... xoxox!
Abbey
Hi Abbey! :) Thanx!
Just pondering life. Sending you hugs and kisses back!
Post a Comment