Pages

Wednesday, December 12

WOW

"I just have this feeling in my heart: Laura will be home for Christmas."

Those were my mother's word's on Saturday. Today is Wednesday, and as of a few hours ago, I have a plane ticket and the allotted vacation days to be home for two weeks! I think I am still in shock! In two days I will be on a plane, headed to the southern hemisphere and to those volcanoes and my family's smiles.

I confess that I want to be the kid again; to put the world of grown-up education and work issues on the shelf for even a moment. I want to get renewed perspective and be somewhere familiar and warm, surrounded by those that are dearest to me on this planet. I want to rest. I want to eat pinchos from the street stand. I want to hear the waves of the Pacific wash up on shore and the pelting of jungle rain on a tin roof. I want to see my sister laugh.

God heard the desires of my heart even when I dared not voice them. So what can I say, I am in awe yet again--thankful and humbled by his personal care of me.

I'm going HOME!!!!!

4 comments:

Karoliina said...

Mulla varmaan uuden aidin hormoonit sekoittaa paan, mutta tuli kyynel silmaan, kun luin taman. Oon niin onnellinen sun puolesta! Ymmarran todella, mista nama sun tunteet tulee ja iloitsen sun kanssa, etta saat menna kotiin. Muistathan soittaa, jos satut taas Bostonissa konetta vaihtamaan (tosin rukoillaan, ettei nain kay)! Hyvaa joulua ja terveisia sinne kauas!

Carlos Botero said...

Laurita!

Disfruta mucho este momento de reencuentro con tus seres queridos, y atesóralo por siempre.

"La vida va y viene y no se detiene"...

Pero hay momentos como este en el que puedes sólo detenerte, contemplar y disfrutar...

Carlos Enrique

P.D: Traete un poquito de sol y calor latino a estas tierras ;-)

Yours Truly said...

Karoliina, kiitos! Lentoni talla kertaa ei mennyt USAn kautta (onneks) mutta oli kuitenkin pitka!
Mahtavaa Joulua teille, ensimmaista kertaa aitina!!!!

Carlos, ay como me encanta ver el sol! Y si estoy disfrutando de los momentos con mis seres queridos!! Cuidate, y disfruta de tu Navidad ahi en el norte!

One Runner Walking... said...

I hadn't read blogs in a while but I'm so happy you got to go home! I'll admit an ache formed in my heart as you mentioned pinchos, the Pacific, and rain. I've been missing Ecuador more lately. I'm glad you had the pleasure of family and our shared homeland. :)