I will be saying nothing original by stating that the time flies by quickly, but I still feel the need to note it. It's already December and the days have passed with the same steady quickness that characterizes the traffic at the train station on a Friday night. In other words--packed, dark-clad, seemingly going nowhere but actually in constant fluid motion as some people come and others go.
The bulk of my classes are over, with some essays still waiting for my undivided attention (hah! but will they get it, that is the question). I took a difficult exam last Thursday, and quite possibly still haven't slept enough to recover from it. Instead, this weekend kicked off a week of holiday parties. Yes, it is that time of year again. It seems quite excessive that excluding the two parties I had yesterday, this week contains five more festive occasions to attend! On a less happy note, I don't get to go home for the holidays due to (frustrating) situations at work. While I have accepted the fact with a degree of realism, it doesn't lessen the longing to see my family and the snowcapped volcanoes.
However, grandma's is also a welcoming place where I look forward to being for Christmas. Signing out, sending hugs and greetings from the northlands,
Yours Truly
3 comments:
The parties and such are some of the things that I look forward to at Christmas. The rest have to do with family and I feel for you not being able to go home to be with them. Where does grandma reside? ec
snowcapped volcanoes! oh! I miss those too. it would be so fun to go on a hike with you in our mountainous homeland of the heart.
ec--grandma is about a two hour bus ride to the north. And I am really happy about going there too. Family is important at Christmas! (and other days too...)
gem--aaah, that homeland of the heart would be nice to trek with you...maybe one day still?
Post a Comment