I have spent yesterday and today doing nothing much, simply because my cold turned into a dictator that tyrannized me so much I had to come home from work and crawl under the covers. It is amazing how soft and comforting your pillow can feel when your head is heavy! Today has been day two, and the dictator has given in enough to allow me a spin outside. But mostly I have been downing heated black currant juice and lazing about in a most regal manner. (Must be a benevolent dictator, since my house arrest has been to my benefit.) Tomorrow is a holiday in South America, so thankfully I don't have to get up for work, and then the weekend will be here!
Sooner or later, good health will return and stage a coup, allowing me to concentrate on the myriad of responsibilities that the dictator has prevented me from attending to. But until the dictator's abdication, I have resigned myself to lazing about, sleeping, drinking, movie-watching, dreaming and music-listening....sigh. So do not cry for me, for I have accepted my fate.
:)
5 comments:
your optimism for sickness is quite impressive... Perhaps I should adopt some like qualities...
how can you not be optimistic when you're forced to relax! I'm feeling better now though, so my lounging will be history...
Hopefully the coup has happened by now and you are once again free to trip the light fantastic around the town and hills. ec
my friend, you are taking this martyrdom so well. bless your soul. ;)
ec--yes, the coup has happened, and I am about the town and hills with lightning speed!!!
essy--hehehehe, yes, it was difficult while it lasted, sniff sniff! :)
Post a Comment