Woo hoo!!! I went to my first class today, and quite oppositely to my nervous expectations, I was able to understand what went on in the class, and read the text correctly! Yes, twas a small feat, but now my appetite for Arabic-learning has grown, or remembered how hungry it actually was! Of course, today's class was a text course, tomorrow's will be conversational....yikes!
As to other things, like the state of affairs around here and the activities of the last weeks...there have been many. Due to climbing the steep inclines of my inner thoughts and questions, I have not had the energy to address a post to the daily grind. However, I am currently perched on a plateau for an emotional breather, so let me fill you in very briefly: my weekends have been full of relatives and summer cottage activity that have usually involved me and little cousins eating black licorice melted on the sauna boiler. I have also enjoyed seeing international friends on happy occasions in their lives, celebrating at birthday parties, doing nothing, meeting new people, taking photos in Helsinki, having long conversations with good friends and most recently, being a counselor at a missionary kids' camp. Overall, I currently feel positive and curious.
But in the coming weeks I forsee many a long evening in the library and the office. I'm thinkin' I can break the monotony of the darkness and study by injecting my days with friendly faces and plenty of hot cocoa, coffee and yes, even those vitamins that I keep forgetting to take (note to self: take vitamins today, so sore throat won't get worse, repeat tomorrow). So, thus armed with a self-prescription and anticipation for the season, I'm going to go do my homework! :)
4 comments:
Sounds as though you have been involved in many meaningful activities. I am a testimony to the effectiveness of regular vitamins - doses at morning and evening. Hopefully the plateau on which you are resting doesn't have a steep slope from which to fall. :) ec
Kouluun kouluun... voikun makin paasisin! Terkkuja Kaliforniasta. Kaytiin tanaan Yosemitessa ja kiivettiin yhden ison putouksen paalle. Siella oli niin hienoa! Huomenna kylla varmasti sarkee jalkoja!
Ihanko oikeasti sulatitte lakuja padan paalla? En ole ikina kuullutkaan. Sa taidat pian ohittaa mut suomalaisuudessa... =)
ec--hopefully no slope, some open country would be welcome!! And while I didn't remember the vitamins yesterday, I did this morning!! Wishing you a wonderful week!
Karoliina--Yosemite on ihana paikka! Voi kun kivaa, että olette sielä!
Me sulatettiin hopee toffeeta padan päällä, guess I should've mentioned it was salty licorice. Suosittelen, se on aivan mainiota kuumana ja venyvänä!
Terkkuja Jonsulle, ja Kalifornialle!
Hey fearless!
You blow me away with your braveness, and your adventuress spirit.
May the moments of breathing last a long time along with that plateau.
Hope the throat is feeling much better too.
Be well.
Post a Comment