Pages

Thursday, August 10

So, what's up...

-I am flat-hunting, as I need to be moved by the end of the month...me and the thousands of other students looking for housing...

-Work is going well, but my computer crashed.

-The air in Helsinki is smokey from the fires raging in Russia. The heat and dryness are taking their toll on the land.

-New student orientation begins at the end of the month, as Yours Truly starts her MA journey at the University of Helsinki. Woot!

-My next Arabic course begins on Monday and lasts three weeks. I'm excited to see the friends in my class again!

-The European Athletics Championships in Sweden are underway. Tero Pitkämäki took silver in the javelin competition yesterday, otherwise we're not doing too well.

-An evening of friends, a German film, and food are on today's agenda.

That, my friends, is a nutshell of the things that I'm "up to" these days. I feel like this month will be very busy. Indeed, the days fly by like cars on the freeway--a progression of quick and colorful vehicles packed with dear people and assortments of unexpected luggage! I'm still hanging my head out the window, though, and enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells before Autumn brings colder weather and new challenges.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Food and foreign languages are on my agenda this week as well, although my grasp of Hindi is below elementary at this point, and the "food" at the school only occasionally lives up to that label!

Also, it's all good to quote Goethe, but in the proper context shouldn't it be written in German ;-)

Cheers,
Jonathan

mreddie said...

Sounds like you have a very full agenda but I'm sure things will work out as they arrive at your door. I did like your allegory about the days being like the cars flying by on the highway. ec

Yours Truly said...

Jon--ja auf Deutsch wurde das besser sein, aber, denn konntest du es nicht verstehen. Translation, if I put it in GErman, you wouldn't understand, and since I probably butchered what I tried to say right now, I won't even attempt the words of Herr Goethe!

mreddie--are your days flying by just as quickly? One moment at a time is the surest way to not go crazy!
Have a good week!