Pages

Thursday, December 29

A Few Jotted Thoughts

I received fuzzy blue socks for Christmas. And I have to confess, I put them on twice one night, just so I could feel the unbelievable softness and warmth that comes from pulling them on! Seriously, I smile delightedly and feel pampered when I put them on.

Christmas passed peacefully, and joyfully. And while there's nothing in the immediate horizon that I know of, I have a sense of expectation for good things to come. So the ordinary everyday things that have filled my time: I bought a gracile plant for my office today, I'm acquiring my Finnish drivers' license (no test--woo hoo!), and heading to a four-year-old's birthday party tonight.

The sunrise this morning occurred at 9:25, and the sun will set at 15:20--six hours of daylight muted by a gray sky. But the good news is that the winter solstice is behind us and the days will slowly lengthen to become the nightless day by Midsummer! This all requires some getting used to, as I may remind you that I grew up on the warm Equator where seasons are nonexistent and the length of a day varies by half an hour at the most. As I purchased my plant today, I missed the tropical vistas of South America, and considered starting my very own mini-jungle in the corner of my office under a waterfall poster...

No comments: