Fall is here again, or the beginnings of it. I resisted by wearing a summer dress and flip flops. Here's a fist at you, autumnal gloom. I'm not ready for you yet!
On another note, as I glanced back at the entries of this year (yes, too few, I know), I noted the phases that have brought me to the red dot that now marks my location on the map of life, "you are here." Did you see the trajectory, too? It started last fall with an identity breakdown, a reality check, and a new operating system that now contains the file marked "listen to yourself." This new system is also missing the "performance control" button that I used to default to. I still wonder where it is occasionally, but have realized that I'm doing quite well without it. I'm falling apart, and it's wonderful (I have become fast friends with a state of being known as "vague discomfort due to work in progress.")
And on a further note, I had some dreams come true:
my friends Crystal and Stephanie visited
We toured the Archipelago, had great talks and chilled at a cabin on the sea
I went to a new place: Denmark
I fell in love with Copenhagen and the smiling Danes
I'm learning to not be afraid of mistakes
I've made so many at my sales job that by now I don't fear them, but expect them
My list of dreams has plenty of unfulfilled ones loitering around. I'm not sure they will come true, but I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that dreams do come true! It has been somewhat of a dark season of life for many reasons, but in the midst of everything, there are flowers of thankfulness blooming in the garden of my heart. And to face all that is yet to come, I hope the little sprouts of boldness will grow stronger.
On another note, as I glanced back at the entries of this year (yes, too few, I know), I noted the phases that have brought me to the red dot that now marks my location on the map of life, "you are here." Did you see the trajectory, too? It started last fall with an identity breakdown, a reality check, and a new operating system that now contains the file marked "listen to yourself." This new system is also missing the "performance control" button that I used to default to. I still wonder where it is occasionally, but have realized that I'm doing quite well without it. I'm falling apart, and it's wonderful (I have become fast friends with a state of being known as "vague discomfort due to work in progress.")
And on a further note, I had some dreams come true:
my friends Crystal and Stephanie visited
We toured the Archipelago, had great talks and chilled at a cabin on the sea
I went to a new place: Denmark
I fell in love with Copenhagen and the smiling Danes
I'm learning to not be afraid of mistakes
I've made so many at my sales job that by now I don't fear them, but expect them
My list of dreams has plenty of unfulfilled ones loitering around. I'm not sure they will come true, but I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that dreams do come true! It has been somewhat of a dark season of life for many reasons, but in the midst of everything, there are flowers of thankfulness blooming in the garden of my heart. And to face all that is yet to come, I hope the little sprouts of boldness will grow stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment