What you focus on grows.
So if you're focused on yourself, your worries and your life's content will take center stage in your thoughts and emotions. You will fill your own mind. To some degree, this is normal behavior because we can only experience the world through our selves.
But I read this morning that nobody should seek their own good, but the good of others. If I had been wondering what to do today, I need to wonder no longer. Like finding the right photo opportunity through the camera lens, I can just adjust the focus of my intentions and thoughts a bit, and see how I can aid someone else on their journey today.
This is my reminder to me, because way too often the things that cloud my emotional view and inner world are issues that are very self-centered. Time to refocus.
So if you're focused on yourself, your worries and your life's content will take center stage in your thoughts and emotions. You will fill your own mind. To some degree, this is normal behavior because we can only experience the world through our selves.
But I read this morning that nobody should seek their own good, but the good of others. If I had been wondering what to do today, I need to wonder no longer. Like finding the right photo opportunity through the camera lens, I can just adjust the focus of my intentions and thoughts a bit, and see how I can aid someone else on their journey today.
This is my reminder to me, because way too often the things that cloud my emotional view and inner world are issues that are very self-centered. Time to refocus.
No comments:
Post a Comment