Don't let appearances fool you. Things may continue as they always have, they may look like they did yesterday, but under the surface small changes are taking place. That one gear starts acting up, and all the rest of your inner machinery begins moving in sync with this new development, and then things start to tilt. But even then, your brain may not have understood the implications of that one loose bit of machinery. Rarely do we understand what a small shift can make in our direction over the long run.
Or perhaps you aren't the kind to take things at face value. You actually know that I'm swinging on the weather vane and holding on for dear life even though you just saw me yesterday and my feet were treading the streets of this city as merrily as ever. They were actually dancing, and they were climbing. Now I'm swingin' and waiting for the wind. If it doesn't pick up, I may need the fire brigade to come rescue me. Or a hot air balloon.
Or perhaps you aren't the kind to take things at face value. You actually know that I'm swinging on the weather vane and holding on for dear life even though you just saw me yesterday and my feet were treading the streets of this city as merrily as ever. They were actually dancing, and they were climbing. Now I'm swingin' and waiting for the wind. If it doesn't pick up, I may need the fire brigade to come rescue me. Or a hot air balloon.
3 comments:
you are such a talented writer, laila!!
i feel you live in a poem.
Thanks Gata!!!
The poetic in life just seems to find me. Or maybe I do live in a poem in some book someone is reading... :)
Laila dear, your life is a poem. Those of us who don't take things at face value know that you dance to the rhythm of another beautiful song...
Post a Comment