Pages

Saturday, September 12

Done with the meseta

"If you can jump in a hole in the ice, you can eat this," my Spanish friend said. So then, of course, I did try her cow´s stomach stew. Spaniards talk a lot (a lot!) about food. It seems we are on a gastronomic tour of northern Spain, which includes a personal chef who taught us to make the Spanish Tortilla with veggies!

We have finally completed the dry and flat section of the journey, where all you can see for miles are straw-colored dried out fields. We are finally back in a greener landscape, and headed for the mountains as we have 300-something kilometers left to go. It´s kinda crazy to think we have been trudging across a peninsula for weeks now.

Our feet are tired, we have great company, and now a river awaits us on this hot afternoon!

4 comments:

Adele said...

So, did you like the cow's stomach stew? I love tripe, so it sounds like something I'd actually enjoy. Blame it on being African, I guess.

As for the rest of the journey, we'd say in Chinese, "Jia you!" (That means, "Add gas!" as in, keep going!)

Looking forward to seeing your photos when the journey's done.

Estera Hadassa said...

Yeah, how was the stew? :) That does NOT sound like something I'd eat. :))))

When will you have some internet access? I leave for Philippines on the 26th, so it would be nice to catch up in between our periods of absence. :) Love you!

Yours Truly said...

Hi Adele and Es,
the tripe stew was ok. I would not call it the delicacy that my friends did. But I did enjoy the octopus we ate later!!! Great food all along the way, which is probably why we didnt lose any weight even though we walked so much! Hehihihii.

Yours Truly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.