Pages

Tuesday, January 20

ramblings again

I finally ordered the daily pape to my mailbox. Now I can sit at home with my morning coffee and explore some of the more salient points of world affairs and national news. I could do that on the internet, but I do enjoy the crinkle of newspaper in my hand and the lack of flashing advertisements. What I read is not particularly happy news: economic crises, inflation, hurting people, problems. Sigh.

But in the very microcosmic world of Yours truly, while also punctuated by some occasions that give rise to sighs and questions, the general outlook is positive. Ironically, as economic worries loom around the world, I'm quitting my job so I can finish my thesis. It has to get done before the summer! Having learned from last year, I know that in the summertime I will not concentrate on it, and I don't want to think about it next fall anymore. (Deadlines around here are not like in the US--at least in my department things are quite flexible.) I think in order to be able to begin a new chapter of life, this one concerning the MA studies has to come to its conclusion. It's time.

When I try to outline what the next chapter could contain, my sketches only end up in the scrap pile. It's strange to draw such a blank. But it is an opportunity to redefine dreams, to live in the moment and learn to trust God more fully!

2 comments:

Elli said...

Hei :) Ihanaa, että teille tulee oma Hesari...

Yours Truly said...

niin on! oli jo korkee aikakin!
:) hali!