Pages

Friday, August 29

on the move

Yes, I am on the move, in more ways than one:

I'm moving my stuff! I've been busy packing up my little summer room in the city. It has been a lovely stay in this wonderfully located dorm situation with friendly theological inhabitants, but I'm thrilled to move into my own flat in eastern Helsinki tomorrow! My sis and I will be roommates (our dream come true!) in a charming flat that comes equipped with its own sauna! :)

Then, I'm moving myself...to see my sister! The opportunity came as a surprise, but since I can hardly resist travel offers, I definitely can't resist a subsidized travel offer to Israel! Plus, I have never been there before, and I get to see all that my sister's life has been about for the last few months! And not to mention the chance to meet new people, swim in the Dead Sea and bask in sunny weather. Bye bye, rainy Finland! Oh, and the icing on the surprise cake--Essy will be there!

I have the distinct sensation that God is spoiling me silly with his good surprises. Travel. Friends near and far. Sisterhood. Studies. Friendly flat. Oh, and a new job. After 5 months of "vacation," I am part-timing at a local cafe, learning to make cappuccinos!

So, that's the latest around these latitudes. Wondering and wandering continue as a new season begins. I hope the opening of a new season, wherever you are, finds you with much to be thankful for, and much to anticipate!

3 comments:

Karoliina said...

Sounds very exciting! Congrats on the new apartment. We might need some help finding one for ourselves soon. Will keep you updated. We'll be in Helsinki 4-7th of Sept.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wonderful slew of blessing for you! Enjoy them all, especially the sister roommate part!
Abbey

Yours Truly said...

Karoliina--yeah! looking forward to seeing you! But on those dates it wont work, as well, Im here in Israel right now!

Abbey--I certainly will enjoy them, and thankfully! Hug to you!