Pages

Wednesday, May 28

snippet

"Should we eat, or go to the bookstore first?" We are in the car deciding what to do with our limited time.
"We should go to the bookstore first. Since we're hungry, we won't stay there as long as we would otherwise," My sister suggests, knowing full well how inextricably tangled one can get in the interesting offerings of Barnes & Noble. We arrive at the stoplight and are still undecided.
"To eat!" Mum decides.
"Ok, Mum won!" Dad announces, then adds to her, "But now you get the job of dragging Laura out of the bookstore when it's time to go! With force if necessary!"
We get a good laugh out of the image of my mother hauling me out by my feet as I dig my fingers into the carpet, wailing that I won't go! Why they would think it is difficult to get me out of a bookstore, I don't know.... :)

2 comments:

mreddie said...

I've just caught up on your travels through the south - our "stomping ground". Our home is just inside SC about 5 miles from the GA line and Augusta, GA. Sounds like you really had fun, so glad. ec

Yours Truly said...

ec--we did have a great time! drove too much perhaps, but we got to see a bunch of stuff! we didn't make it near augusta at all, but i do recall that three years ago we did!
i hope your summer is going well!