I got up early this morning to walk along the sea and take pictures. I love seeing all the boats with tall masts pointing skyward and gazing out at the horizon, which was awfully gray today. My journey ended at the market square where I bought my first strawberries of the season and had breakfast in one of the makeshift tents. A lovey older couple talked quitely at a table near mine and a businessman in a gray suit sat down at the table on my left to drink a quick cup of coffee, while a construction man thoughtfully munched his breafast sandwich at a far table. The red covers of the fruit and veggie stands were already up, and all but a few had their colorful displays of fresh peas, lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers and peppers spread out for the viewing and culinary pleasure of the passersby. While enjoying my coffee, I overheard a Spanish tourist asking in broken English for a warmer location to shop and sit. The air smelled of rain and sea, except by the fishermen's stands where the dominating odor was certainly...fishy!
And so began another summer day in Finland.
No comments:
Post a Comment