"It is snowing horse-sized snowflakes," the librarian with huge glasses commented as I donned my winter coat. The mental image associated with those words brought a smile to my face as I walked out the library door. The flakes weren't that large at all, but I enjoyed the foggy stillness of the evening as I crossed the wet cobblestones between the university and the brightly illuminated cathedral of the Senate Square, making my way carefully through the slush. The weather has warmed to above zero which means that the snow is really more like rain. I hope it gets colder (yes, you heard me correctly!) as we have plans to go snowboarding tomorrow with a group of friends.
I need to be writing a paper. I find it curious that I have a huge stack of books on my dresser at home, and none of them seem to be the ones I need in order to complete my writing. It seems to be a recurring habit that I acquire the books on my reading list only to find that I want to write about something entirely different, and by the time I have honed in my topic to any practical limitations, it is what one would call, "the last minute." And it does take me a very long time to write even a page of text.
So there you have it, two main things that have been on my mind of late: snowboarding and paper-writing. By no means are they the only things on my mind, but they represent something I have looked forward to, and something that is creating pressure in the blood coursing through my veins. But once the paper is turned in, I will have the joy of receiving one of my dearest friends for a visit! And that is something that makes me smile even more than horse-sized flakes and snowboarding!
5 comments:
Hey, if you're going to Himos, think of me because you'll be going to my home town... Happy snowboarding!
So... should I prepare myself for a return to the winter wonderland when I come? I already bought some summer shoes today... :) haha, that will have to wait!
as for the books - I hear ya, girlfriends, I hear ya... ;)
I can be your horse-size snowflake! :D
"girlfriend" shouldn't have been plural... but I'm sure you got it! ;)
Hope you enjoyed the snowboarding and didn't injure yourself. The writing doesn't bother me - unless it has to make sense, then I am in trouble. :) ec
Karoliina--we didn't go that far, just to Kirkkonummi, where the slopes are small, as some were trying out the snowboarding-skiing for the very first time! Such a great day!
Essy--hahahahaaaa, you can be my horse-sized snowflake, huh? That mental image is hilarious! The weather is plus 2 at the moment, more details at the end of the week as to temperature, but so far it's wintery. CAn't wait....
ec--snowboarding days like saturday remind me that there is good to be found in winter! And no injuries, but I'm still sore!! I think I set the record for how many times you can fall trying to get on the lift...
A great week to one and all!
Post a Comment