I settled myself comfortably on the curb, next to an old cigarrette stub and a wad of gum, under the gaze of the afternoon sun, and facing the post office from where I'd just emerged excitedly with a sizeable package under my arm. Just as excitedly, I opened it and found individually wrapped bundles that raised my curiosity levels to dangerous heights. Inside this treasure box, I found Polish candies and chocolate bars, bath bubbles, napkins, a gorgeous orange tunic with a shawl (I saved the best for last!), a beautiful green card, and a familiar picture frame with an old photograph that transported me back to junior year of college. As I munched on one of the chocolate-covered wafers and laughed out loud delightedly with each new discovery, I cannot describe the deep thankfulness and joy I felt. I am thankful for those memories of college, but I am even more overjoyed at the friendship that we share today, across distances and letters and prayers.
The picture frame sits near my desk now, reminding me of the treasure of friendship, and the treasure of Estera. Thank you!
2 comments:
Haha, reading this made me probably happier than you, even though you got the package. ;) I put my whole heart in this little box- did you find it? ;))
Much love, my friend!
Hahahah! Yes I did, and what a beautiful heart it is! I thought, hmmm, this one's not wrapped! Thank you so much! Love you!
Post a Comment