- I have procrastinated all day today...this is one of those habits that I would so like to change, but falls into that wonderful Spanish phrase, "mañana, mañana." I could be so much more effective if I did not succumb to distractions!
- I am thrilled not to have anything going on a Friday night. Since I have been back from Egypt, I've had something going on every evening. This evening will not be one of them! I want to put on pyjamas and lounge. And if my cousin is around, maybe we'll watch a movie and dye our eyebrows!
- I'm online too much. My closest relationships are all online. I've made friends here, but if something's on my mind, I'd rather write an email than make a phone call. Granted, I've known the people that I write for longer than I've known the people that I see here.
- Travel is never far from my thoughts. Seriously. I bought a plane ticket 2 days after I got back! I have relatives who never think of travel, and it reminds me what a different world I grew up in.
- I like walking home in the dark late at night. This happens a couple times a week, and I enjoy the lonely trudge of my feet on the snow and the view of the darkened fields around my house. On a clear night the sky looks huge and full of diamonds! I like how small I feel.
- I'm ready to move out. All things at their proper time: that "thing" could be a flat of my own, and that "proper time" could be now! But patience is a virtue that only grows by being exercised in situations where you need it!
Happy Weekend Everyone!
4 comments:
The procrastination thing is somewhat my bane as well. You also hit me with the too much online. Then there is the patience thing you mentioned - I'm better than I was, not as good as I need to be. ec
Yes, the journey to perfection only comes with time and trial. Sigh. But I'm glad to at least be on the journey. A good day to you!
Ma Soeur... we have similar confessions...I'm presently procrastinating from my mounds of homework, as I have done all weekend (: I might have something going on friday night... a hike up a mini mountain to gaze at the stars with a group of friends... of course you know, I am never online too much (: as much as I want to stay in contact with loved ones... I also love walking home late at night after I close the library for the day, it is silent and the moon proves to be good company, The travel that has been on my mind lately has been about seeing you this summer!... what adventures shall we endeavor in to occupy our time...Lappi? Norway? Romania? Estonia? The local coffee shop? What I hate most about "moving out" is the realization that I have again aquired a lot of random crap that I have to find a place to store... this yearly ritual has made me much more strict on what I permit myself to buy, and made me realize how little I really need...
You are in my thoughts...
I know the feelings of collecting "crap" and I have added more to my collection as well. And there are still two suitcases in storage. As to travel, the local coffee shop is a must, Estonia is do-able, and other than that, I would also like to go farther! We'll keep thinkin'.
TQM
Post a Comment