Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
Thursday, May 23
the next stepping stone
Summer arrived so quickly she pushed out Spring before she had overstayed her welcome. Everything is verdant and festive in the lengthening days and these changes have spread to my own being as well. The fresh wind blowing through my soul is making the leaves of anticipation flutter merrily. I'm off to Amman, Jordan, for a month. It has been five years or so since I last studied Arabic, and to call my skills rusty would be a euphemism. So, with a trusting heart and gathered courage, I am off to explore a new city, unlock new worlds barred by language locks, meet many fascinating people, and be stretched and grown to new dimensions. There are untold things prepared for the coming weeks, and I hope to share some of the journey on this blog once again. In the words of Martin Buber, “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment