Pages

Monday, February 27

In the Room of Losses

1985: Yours truly learning to make pulla with Mummo (d. February 23, 2012)
This small picture, and a few others, are the new additions I bring to the room of losses as I grieve.  Not without hope, because I will see her again.  And with peace, because she is free of her earthly burdens and pain. 
I can't seem to write, to express anything in poetry or words. Just tears. Aching. An image in my mind's eye, where I place a kiss on her forehead and cup her face in my hands as I whisper, "You are loved, Grandma, you are loved."

3 comments:

Adele said...

So sorry for your loss, Laura. And thankful that you have amazing memories of your grandma. What a blessing...

Yours Truly said...

Indeed, it is so. Thank you, Adele. I am glad for her legacy.

Hömmi said...

<3