Pages

Friday, September 30

Updating you...

Yes, yes. The minute I get off vacation you don't hear a peep from me.  I am back to six a.m. wake-ups and days filled with grammar lessons and verb conjugations.  My teaching lessons are also dotted with interesting tidbits that my students tell me.  They have recently educated me about new technological advances and the biography of the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius!

Yesterday I also took the GRE--General Revised Exam--that is the prerequisite for entry into any American graduate school.  I had balked at taking this exam for so long, considering it to be a huge feat beyond my grasp.  Now it is behind my with a curious lack of fanfare and nerves.  I have no idea how well I did, or if I really will end up in the US for further studies.  I am also considering studying in the UK, buying a flat in Finland, becoming a summer cottage hermit or an eccentric artist, a human rights activist or a bum....hahaha.  Just kidding.  What I mean is, regardless of the steps I take, it is the Lord that directs, and I am curious about what doors He will open and which ones he will close.

There's a beauty to Fall that is melancholy.  Today, the sunshine is caressing each yellow, red and green leaf in the backyard so gently, it seems he is whispering his last summer secrets and sweet farewells.  It is a good day to go out and let the sun whisper to me too. 

No comments: