I am an intern at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs until the beginning of April. Perhaps I have mentioned this before in passing, but I thought I'd repeat it with a few more details now that I have been there for over a month.
I'm in the Finland Promo team, and we work on a website that tells you all about Finland. Click here to see it! I've written two short articles thus far, edited another, hunted down pictures for features, learned how to load photos to the newsroom page, and started to work on the Spanish-language version. It has a ways to go still. Oh, and I've sat in plenty of meetings! One of the really great things about my job are the coworkers. For the most part, my group is laid back, kind, and interested in in their work.
I've also had the opportunity to do other random things that I find interesting. I went out to lunch with an Ecuadorian reporter and photographer who were visiting Finland and got to ramble on about both of my countries. Tomorrow Helsinki is hosting the Baltic Sea Action Summit and Yours truly will be one small cog in the giant ministry wheel that rolls this event to its successful completion. In other words, I am a media assistant stationed at an info desk to offer guidance to those in search of a WC, the number of event participants, the best restaurant in Helsinki, the state of the Baltic Sea, or when Putin will arrive.
And since the curtain call is very early tomorrow, I will sign out and pay a visit to the land of dreams. Perhaps I will see you there! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment