Pages

Monday, June 29

summertime

Life is pretty full. Perhaps you have gleaned that from the lack of posts on here. I have been kidnapped by the beautiful summer days and by my job. They are holding me hostage and impeding my blogging by all sorts of tricks like enticing me to bike outside, take pictures of greenery, and most of all, to fall into bed completely tired out. It is such a lovely sensation to go to sleep tired!!

I'm working at an outdoors sports store. We sell all sorts of things for camping, trekking, travel and whatnot. Many of our customers are headed out on adventures and come to our store in preparation for their journeys. I've only been working for a few weeks, and while there is really too much to know, at least everyday I pick up a few more useful tidbits of knowledge to pass on to my customers. For example, instead of giving one customer a blank look when he asked for a folding solar-powered battery charger today (like I did the first time someone came in looking for such a gadget) now I could take him directly to it! But what I still can't figure out is our storage area, a.k.a. the black hole. Things just disappear, even when the database says we should have the merchandise I'm looking for...

I graduated last week. It's now official! And let me beat you to your next question, and answer that I don't know what happens next. I am enjoying the summer and my work, then Sonja and I are headed out on a very long trek through northern Spain. Beyond that, the road bends and I haven't gotten close enough to see what kind of vista unfolds. I am just enjoying the summer scenery along the stretch I am currently walking!

No comments: