I got inspired to write napkin poetix during yesterday's rainy afternoon as I sat at a cafe table and waited for Sonja. The text isn't stellar, but the main marvel of this is that it is in Finnish. That's a first, so I felt the need for documentary evidence! My inspirations came from a conversation, a text message, and the memory of an open window. I love the sound of rain on the roof, and we've had a fair share of it recently. So, each little scribble has to do with rain. I won't offer a translation, because, well, I can't.
But on the topic of more Finnishness, can I tell you how much I appreciate a sauna!? We have our own, which we enjoy thoroughly. But one evening we also visited my aunt and uncle at their new home. We got to sit in their huge new sauna and drink pommac and enjoy good löylyjä (uh...the steam that rises from the stones when you throw water over them). Then when it became imperative to escape the heat, we moved to the back terrace where the cold night air refreshed us and only the darkened woods observed the steam rising from our skin! It was entirely enjoyable. Perhaps later this winter we'll have snow, and then we can go roll in it to cool off! :)
2 comments:
We'll be there in no time! Can't wait.
tervetuloa! how exciting! must be a time full of some conflicting emotions though, saying goodbye and hello is not so easy! Hali!
Post a Comment