We organized a concert here on Sunday. By "we" I mean Lasten Tulevaisuus-Children's Future, the organization I am part of that supports children's education in the Philippines. Along with sponsors and key people from a Philippine TV company, we brought over two artists who also held concerts in Copenhagen and Stockholm on their brief tour of our Nordic countries. Everything came together, and with the exception of some microphone mishaps, I'd say it was a success! As an organizer, I have been about to burst with the feedback I've heard about how the Filipino community here enjoyed hearing a piece of home! I can understand the way they feel and consider myself privileged to have played a part of making that possible! They were a great audience! It was our first time putting on a concert, so I think we learned a lot about stage specifications and the kinds of requirements needed for performers. :)
Midsummer is on Friday night. Traditionally this is when you build huge bonfires at the edge of the lake and celebrate the longest day of the year! But from what I've heard on the grapevine, this year it will be the coldest they've had in decades! It certainly doesn't make you want to be outside, but a bonfire might be just the thing to ward off the chill! The sad part is that once Midsummer has passed, it means the nights slowly get longer and longer. But that is a ways off yet and there is plenty to be enjoyed of the summer; like a market breakfast with Sis tomorrow morning, fresh peas and strawberries and strolls by the water's edge shaded by soft long shadows. And who could forget, ice cream in the park!
2 comments:
HI Laura, yesterday I had lunch with a missionary , her ministry is mostly in the philippines, it was great, God is doing a lot a great stuff in the philippines. La manera en que describes el verano me dan ganas de estar haya, aqui la temp esta arriba the los 100F, you don't feel like doing a lot of outdoors activities, any way have a wonderful week...
Gracias Alejandro!
He disfrutado de visitas y de temperaturas muy bajas! I hope the summer gets a bit warmer, but 100F is a bit much! hope it cools down for you!
I so want to visit the philippines...
Post a Comment