Pages

Wednesday, January 9

looking forward

I'm a year older now. A quarter of a century is not very old in the great scheme of things, but I am unmistakably an adult. And if we were talking a century ago, I'd even be labeled an "old maid." However, nowadays I don't think that is accurate. But at 25, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Wise, for sure. Compassionate. Trustworthy. Unafraid. Healthy. So much more...

But what does this year hold? It is the great and (thankfully) yet unanswered question! At some point, a master's thesis needs to materialize. I think that is the main academic goal. As for travels, a trip to the US is in the making for my sister's graduation! I hope to visit a few US friends at the same time. Visits to Poland and Japan are on the wish list as well (I can dream, can't I). Personal and spiritual growth are also aspects that I hope will accompany the accumulation of age. Changes in my living situation will crop up in April and maybe a new job at some point. Whew! I place it all in God's capable and guiding hands, as I set to living one day at a time.

I will pass on some verses I received on my birthday, which speak to the many things I'm processing in my mind and life:

Psalm 37:3-6 (KJV)

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

May it be so.

4 comments:

Karoliina said...

Are we included in the "a few US friends"?!!? =) I hope so.

Alejandro said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Yours Truly said...

Karoliina, I hope so too! I am still checking budgets and time, so I'll keep you posted on the developments.

alejandro, thanks for the wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweetness, I love your plans, dreams and goals for this year! May they all come true, by God's grace. I'm glad those verses touched your heart - may EACH one be a blessing to you, and bring multiple fruits!