Pages

Friday, September 22

Nonsensicalness, really.

Have you ever noticed that when there is something in your own appearance that you wonder about or have qualms about, you tend to notice the same thing in others? Perhaps I'm the only one. All this is to say that I have purchased a pair of high heels. Let me assure you this is specifically for work, because sandals leave my feet cold now that it's no longer summer, and I decided it's time to feminize. Well, walking confidently in high heels along the cobblestones of the city is no small feat in my mind. I find it takes twice as much concentration power to make sure I don't land on my face while I navigate from point A to point B over unlevel walkways or get a narrow heel caught in the grid at the entrance of a store. And now I find myself observing women's shoes. I am impressed when someone can maneuver down the street and not look like they have maccaroni ankles (I laugh at the mere thought!). Actually, various possible scenarios for "funniest home videos" parade through my mind, and all the while I am hoping that I will not be the protagonist of such footage. It remains to be seen, but time and practice will tell whether I will achieve grace in such nonsensical footwear. :)

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

I guess the male equivalent of the high-heel is the tie. Why on earth do men wear what is essentially a noose day-in, day-out when going to work? Long gone are the days when the tie served any useful purpose (although what purpose did the stiletto heel ever serve?) and now exists solely to frustrate and provide a source for numerous office jokes and metaphors. All for the sake of fashion!

PS: I should note that my current job doesn't require me to wear a tie, and I sometimes feel a little inadequate because of this ;-)

Karoliina said...

It seems you have the ability to take anything you see, hear, smell, or feel and turn it into a funny, entertaining,and thought-provoking story. Thank you for making me smile on a rainy day!

mreddie said...

Your bravery for daring to challenge the cracks, crevices and grids of the streets and sidewalks of our modern world in high heels is to be applauded. Hopefully you will not break an ankle. ec

Yours Truly said...

Jon--fashion is a finicky thing. Be glad about that (lack of) tie!!!!

Karoliina--so glad you smiled! Sometimes I write a post and think, "Why on earth did I write about something so stupid or silly!?" but there it is.

ec--no broken ankles yet! (Although the grid thing, it happened...twice! And I couldnt get it out without taking the shoe off!)

Happy week to all of you!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, of course I think that me on high heels would probably be an even funnier sight considering they would be accompanied by jeans and a hoodie! lol. I saw the picture of the mokki and I could have cried I wanted to be there so bad!! I need the sauna and the lake and the little coffee cups to add festivity to afternoon coffee time. I want to go hide in that precious haven until all the stress and weariness seeps out of my bones... not today I guess... I miss you and love you muchisisimo!

Yours Truly said...

Darling! You in high heels requires some imagination..hekohekoheko. I hope you find a chance to get away and rest, or do something relaxing in the midst of stress!!! You need to, for your own sanity! Love you and miss you to hermanita. TQM!