Pages

Monday, June 5

{An Anonymous Evening}

The light fades at the edge of the horizon, clinging to the expanse of
sky as if it does not want to leave. Soft hues bathe my vision, as
my mind swings in a peaceful hammock, rocked by the last
rays of the day; may calm and ease be yours this night,
the birch leaves quietly whisper as they strike up the
evening lullaby. The wind disrobes my heavy
thoughts, and wipes them away along with
the worries I have worn like wrinkled
garments. Now, on this tender
summer night I may at last
lay my tired head and
heavy heart to rest,
as the blanket of
sky gently
covers
me.

3 comments:

mreddie said...

Well done! I felt a sense of calming as I read your words. ec

One Runner Walking... said...

Love it! I think I might have actually been there with you. It has the same affect on me no matter how many times I read it. So relaxing!

Yours Truly said...

Good! It calms and relaxes me too. And it brings to mind the treetops I was looking at and the gentle color of the sky.

Wishing you both restful moments!