Pages

Tuesday, April 25

Welcome, Spring!


I know, I know, I should be upset with you for taking so long to get here, but I'm sure you did the best you could with Winter being so tenacious and reluctant to travel South. Quite frankly, I was ready for you months ago! Merely weeks ago I was eagerly anticipating your arrival, repeatedly checking out the window, wondering if there was any sign of you yet.
I'm so glad you have come, because the world is now full of sunshine with a hint of expectancy. I notice that dark winter coats are gone from the city view, and cafés are spilling out onto the sidewalks, setting out their little tables and chairs to entice you to linger a while, perhaps to enjoy a spicy chai latte or a sumptuous salmon sandwich. I've seen yellow daffodils gracing windowsills, rippling waves replacing jagged ice at the harbour, and park benches mysteriously reappearing from winter hibernation. Even yesterday, the sky was cloudlessly blue and the sun patted my head ever so gently!
Please, please, tell me you are here for a good long visit, and feel free to bring along your sister, Summer!

4 comments:

mreddie said...

Well said - it seems to always take too long in coming. We get it here much earlier and of course it gets too hot much earlier as well. Today it was 92F and with a weather front coming through, dropping to 74F tomorrow. Not complaining mind you, just hoping we get some rain as well. I wish wonderful weather days for you. ec

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God, and to Jesus, and the Holy Spirit for granting us this season of new life... :))) I, too, was ready for it to come months ago. But I guess that just added to the excitement. ;)

Anonymous said...

Spring is in full swing here in Egypt. Yesterday it was a feeling of a Finlandish sauna and a Sahara sand storm all in one...
A great greeting comes from the Rozza family and a love for all those long missed...

Yours Truly said...

Aaah, Spring greetings to all of you as well! It is nice to be in expectation of something, and not be disappointed when it arrives, but to embrace it! ec--enjoy your gardening! Es--prost to new seasons! Justin--thank you for the greetings, a sandstorm and a sauna sound like a formidable combination!